Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring is Here !!!

Look around you, the trees have new buds and the flowers are blooming, you're going to be waking up in the morning to the sound of birds chirping and that nice weather you're experiencing is here to stay. What do all those signs point at? They point at the arrival of Spring! I absolutely love Spring, and I always look forward to the arrival of the flowers of the Magnolia tree. They simply put a smile on my face! They make everything seem so beautiful and perfect after a boring grey Canadian winter. Well, this year I didn't experience the typical "harsh Canadian winter". Perhaps that's why I wasn't awaiting the Magnolia trees as usual. Life was just life, on this "normal" Thursday. As usual getting up late in the morning, wishing I could just go back to sleep, jumping into the shower, running off to school, dragging the day out, counting down the seconds, awaiting the bell and then hopping in the car so I could finally get home! Usually I make small talk and /or zone out on the ride home, that day I did both suddenly we had reached the end of my street, but there was something unusual! Then it hit me, at the end of the street there the Magnolia tree covered with lots and lots of beautiful pink flowers! Spring had arrived and so have the beautiful flowers of the Magnolia tree! The flowers are like nature's most perfect design, they're petals come in an organic oval shape, the flowers have lots and lots of petals. The most amazing thing was how every petal appeared the same, but after taking a closer look each petal was unique, each petal curved differently and each had a slightly different colour gradient,
but all together they make the flower look so unified and perfect.( kind of like how all of my friends and I are different; because of the way we think, look and how we are all very different from one another, but together we are like these individual petals uniting to create a beautiful flower) The flowers come naturally in a perfect tone of white, violet and rosy pink. On the weekend I saw Magnolia trees with flowers whiter than snow, and I also saw a yellow Magnolia( kind of unusual), it was beautiful. They're natural beauty have inspired me to take the time and observe nature and all it has to offer. I am incredibly sad that these flowers are only here to stay for a few weeks, but they have impacted me in such an unforgettable way that memory will always stay in my heart. I shall be waiting for my magnolias' long after spring has gone.

I forgot to mention, I took these pictures ! Weird eh, I don't usually take pictures, I guess that Thursday wasn't so normal after all...


No comments:

Post a Comment