Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chess Piece



For this assignment we were asked to draw a chess piece using proportion, value and movement. The objective was to effectively create movement in the background, have a proportionate chess piece and to show an effective value scale. I started off drawing a different chess piece, but then switched to the queen. In the beginning I had a totally different design. I modified my design so that I could display movement more efficiently. The first thing I did was position my chess piece, then i added value to it, once I completed it I started on the background, first I planned it out, then added value to it. I chose to place my chess piece off centered and the background is placed so your eye is lead to the center of the page. This assignment was a huge learning experience for me and I really enjoyed it.

1 comment: