Monday, January 11, 2010

Impressionable Racism



The main focus of our video is to show how media effects our thoughts, speech and actions. The people in the video have seen a TV program which displays racism and now think it is ok to play a racist joke on someone at school. In the video we used shots of the characters talking about what they saw on TV the previous night and shots of how they bully the victim and reaction of the victim, we have a close up shot of the note followed by the victim's reaction. We use voice-overs to let the viewers know about the realities of racism.

I am satisfied with the progress my group has made with this video. But I'm unsatisfied with the overall video. I think that If we had changed our talent the first time around and if we had used clearly delivered dialogs, then the video would deliver a clearer message, I also think that when we were shooting our video we should have been really strict with our talent and made sure we were getting the shots we needed and now that I have experienced this the next time around I will use external sound and lights.

2 comments: